When designing a building, the problem is sometimes minimized exhaust system, considered relatively easy to solve. In most cases this is true, however we want to recall some aspects that, if you are considering beginning, avoiding problems in the later stages of construction and operation. And this is important to recall when it comes to Chimney Cleaning Long Island.
First, we must have clear ideas:
1. FLUE is an important component of the heating system, which has evacuates gas from combustion of fuels, at a level of safety.
2. NATURAL SMOKE tends to climb. Air should increase this trend phenomenon called CIRCULATION, of the difference in pressure between the entry point and the terminal COS GAS DISCHARGE IN ROOF OVER
3. any situation that restricts vertical lines REDUCE GAS circulation and should be avoided if possible.
In order to achieve these requirements, it is important to keep in mind:
· SITE heat sources be designed to constructive elements, so as to allow the use of a cart as without deviations.
Flue, ie downspout between heat source and chimney, to have:
Route to be short;
Deviation angle cit cit fewer and smaller;
How can route all horizontal and sloping;
Connection to the basket will be angled. For wood fuel recommend an angle of about 120 F.
In fact, any deviation reduce circulation, increases the deposition of soot, the risk of cracks and construction costs and maintenance (cleaning).
If the path is provided in the building, ALMOST terminal ridge, get the best insulation, the best protection against wind and accidental bumps and best efficiency, because heat that reaches the outer surface of the chimney is kept inside the building .
Rules in force and rules Performance recommends that:
·Be impervious Cart: any cracks must be repaired to avoid false air penetration Cart Why bother circulation and release of burnt gas in the rooms!
·Terminal stack to reach at least the ridge: this is all the more necessary as the main wind direction is perpendicular to the ridge!
·To be a finished piece of protection against precipitation and wind repression, whose surface outlet must be at least double the section of the chimney.
·To be one or more portions (depending on length and route) to allow access for inspection and cleaning the chimney.
Other factors that influence gas discharge are:
· FORM inner section of the chimney. The most effective is circular. In case of different shapes, which shows right angles, it is recommended that the corners are rounded to reduce the loss of circulation and deposits of soot.
· Roughness must be as small, all because of friction and deposits.
· VARIOUS ELEMENTS which infringes discharges, such as surplus mortar, steps or other inequalities of the surface, holes or other goals, crowbars etc. All these must be removed.
Chimneys for solid fuel heat sources
In order to escape possible problems that can be verified due to highly variable characteristics of flue gas resulting from heat sources (boilers, stoves and fireplaces) solid fuel, recommend the following:
At the time of the stack:
ISOLATION basket portion which runs along the fuel elements (beams, floors, etc.) 10 cm. MATERIAL fire
Mark wrapping, thermal insulating MINERAL MATERIAL IN ORDER TO REDUCE SPEED AND FORMATION OF LOST pitch or soot
Downspout connection between the source and COS LINE HAVE shortest
HAVE downspout connection with as little deviation as small ANGLE
ENTRY IN BASKET downspouts slope as possible (recommended 45o)
Downspout CONNECTION TO BE insulated
ENTRY IN BASKET of downspouts, seals are made fibrous cord CERAMIC OR OTHER MATERIAL compress and fire
USE dry wood and 20% humidity!
Frequent inspection and cleaning of the chimney call for trained personnel!
Keep these things in mind when it comes to Chimney Cleaning Long Island.